This 10-hour, face-to-face course is delivered by our industry experienced trainers in a range of QLD locations. The RMLV course is mandatory for Approved Managers.
The easiest way to enrol in your RMLV course is to select the available dates on the course calendar, register and pay to secure your place.
Queensland legislation requires that Responsible Management of Licensed Venues (RMLV) training is mandatory for all licensees, nominees and applicants for a manager’s licence. Responsible management of Licensed Venues RMLV training was developed to reduce the negative impact of poor management practices on the community.
As the course targets licensees and nominees it is specifically designed with a management focus. The course not only provides details of the law and liquor licence requirements, it also includes a range of management strategies to assist operators in the responsible conduct of their business.
Your QLD OLGR approved RMLV course include:
- Includes morning tea & lunch
- Available via video conference
- Qualified trainer with real industry experience
- Queensland OLGR approved RMLV course certificate
- One day training course (8:30am – 6:30pm)
Who Needs anRMLV
- All licensees, nominees and applicants for a manager’s licence.
You will learn the following:
- Learn your responsibilities under the Liquor Act 1992.
- Learn a range of management strategies to assist in the responsible operation of a licensed venue
- Learn how to use risk management and self-audit processes for the continued safe and responsible operation of your business.
- Harm minimisation
- Duty of Care
- Best Practice
- Risk Management
- Sale or supply
The Queensland Office of Liquor Gaming and Racing (OLGR) requires that all Licensees and Approved Managers obtain a current RMLV Course Certificate, which must be renewed every three years. The RMLV program ensures that Licensees and Approved Managers meet the training requirements in relation to the provision of Responsible Management of Licensed Venues.
The Queensland Office of Liquor Gaming and Regulation (OLGR) requires that all Licensees and Approved Managers obtain a current RMLV Course Certificate, which must be renewed every three years. The RMLV program ensures that the Licensees and Approved Managers meet the training requirements in relation to the provision of Responsible Management of Licensed Venues.
Students are provided with the following information during the course, to assist to build the breadth and depth of their knowledge in preparation for assessment:
- Case studies
The following assessment tools are used to determine a student’s competence:
- Knowledge questions where the participant must select the response/s that best answer/s the question (multiple choice).
- Knowledge questions that require the participant to respond by selecting True or False.
- Knowledge questions that require the participant to respond by selecting all correct responses (multi response).
- Interactive Activities – These are designed to focus on important elements of the course content.
A mixture of these tools are used across the unit.
To be deemed competent in this unit, you are required to correctly answer 100% of all questions in ALL assessment stages. When undertaking assessments, you will have two attempts to answer the assessment questions correctly.
How long is the RMLV valid for?
- The RMLV certificate will remain valid for exactly 3 years on the day of issue. It is the responsibility of the approved manager to ensure their RMLV certificate is renewed before it expires.
Do I need to do a separate RSA course?
- By completing a RMLV certificate, you are not required to do a separate Responsible Service of Alcohol course as the RMLV course already qualifies the person holding the qualification to serve alcohol
Does this course qualify me as an Approved Manager?
- This course is a mandatory requirement for those seeking to acquire an Approved Manager’s License and proof of RMLV course completion is required for those submitting an
How long will it take for my certificate to arrive?
- After successful completion of the course, participants should receive their physical copy of their RMLV certificate within 30 days
Why isn’t it offered online?
- The Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR) Queensland requires that the RMLV course must be completed in a face-to-face training environment over a period of 10 hours or 1.5 days by an approved trainer. This assists in reducing poor management practices and facilitates questions and discussion.
Can I do a refresher course?
- Currently, there are no RMLV refresher courses. For your RMLV qualification to remain valid, you are required to enrol in a RMLV course every 3 years. This is to ensure your industry knowledge stays current and up to date.
Can you conduct RMLV training in my venue?
ServeWise, is happy to make arrangements to facilitate a RMLV training session at your venue or workplace
The course can only be completed by individuals over the age of 18. While there are no formal requirements, it is recommended those attending have some experience working in the industry prior to registration