Frequently Asked Questions


Accreditation is formal confirmation that the course:
  • is nationally recognised
  • meets an established industry, enterprise, educational, legislative or community need
  • provides appropriate competency outcomes and a satisfactory basis for assessment
  • meets national quality assurance requirements
  • is aligned appropriately to the AQF where it leads to a qualification.
CTA Training Specialists offers Online training We are fully compliant training organisation Start, stop and resume as you like Our courses are designed to be easy, flexible and interactive We offer excellent user experience We offer RSA/RSG courses with state-specific training resources and assessment, which are valid in QLD, WA, SA, NT.
Nationally Recognised Training is delivered in association with CTA Training Specialists RTO (#31607) - look out for the symbol below to ensure authenticity of an RTO.
CTA Training Specialists can enrol persons into any nationally recognised/accredited courses to those people from Australia providing they are not an International student or considered to be an “Overseas Student”. The Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (ESOS Act) defines an “Overseas Student” as a person who holds a student visa (as defined in regulation 1.03 of the Migration Regulations 1994). This includes the following Subclasses of visa:
  • a Subclass 500 (Student) visa;
  • a Subclass 571 (Schools Sector) visa;
  • a Subclass 570 (Independent ELICOS Sector) visa;
  • a Subclass 572 (Vocational Education and Training Sector) visa;
  • a Subclass 573 (Higher Education Sector) visa;
  • a Subclass 574 (Postgraduate Research Sector) visa;
  • a Subclass 575 (Non-Award Sector) visa;
  • a Subclass 576 (Foreign Affairs or Defence Sector) visa.
Please note persons who hold a secondary Subclass visa are subject to the same conditions. “Overseas Students” can only be trained by training organisations who are registered on Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) as specified in the ESOS Act 2000.  You can visit http://cricos.education.gov.au for more information. Unfortunately, CTA Training Specialists is not a CRICOS registered training provider.  Before a person who is not an Australian citizen enrols in any accredited CTA Training Specialists course, they will be required to acknowledge, by accepting the Terms & Conditions prior to payment, that they are not an “Overseas Student” or International student. Any persons who are identified as an “Overseas Student” or International student cannot enrol or attain a statement of attainment in any accredited courses with CTA Training Specialists.

Food Safety

When will you receive your Statement of Attainment? If you have uploaded your assessment/s by 4pm Queensland time on a business day (Monday – Friday) and they are marked as competent by one of our assessors (and you have also provided a verified USI number), you will be issued with your nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices via email. If you are completing the full Food Safety Supervisor Course (SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety and SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices), the NSW Food Authority Green & White Certificate will be issued within ten (10) days of successful completion of the course via Australia Post (to the residential address you have provided on enrolment in the course). We are not permitted to issue this certificate via email. Please ensure that you have provided the correct address prior to completing the course. If you need the certificate to be re-issued after this time, there will be an additional fee of $50 payable ($30 for the NSW Food Authority Green & White Certificate + $20 for postage and administration processing).
For the practical, you will need to have someone that can act as your supervisor and sign you off. This person can be a supervisor or colleague from the last 12 months. You can also have someone sign you off as the observer if they have had 12 months experience in the food service industry. You also need to have access to a workplace that serves and stores food. Unless you already know someone in the industry with a Food Safety supervisor qualification or higher who can act as your supervisor, I would recommend approaching a local RSL or bowls club and ask if you could complete your practical with them. They are usually willing to help out our students, especially if you offer to do some volunteer work with them. NOT WORKING IN A FOOD INDUSTRY? Don’t stress, our food safety courses can be completed by anyone regardless of prior experience. What about my practical assessment? We understand it can be difficult when you’re new to the industry to have the practical assessment filled out, so there are a few options: If you have worked in the food industry before, then you can have a past manager or co-worker complete the assessment. They don’t need to be a chef or a trained food safety supervisor. It can be anyone currently employed in the food industry (with a minimum of 12 months experience). If you have a friend or family member employed in the food industry, they can also sign off on your practical assessment. Again, it doesn’t need to be a qualified chef or food safety supervisor, It can be anyone currently employed in the food industry (with a minimum of 12 months experience). You can also speak to your local council and ask for a list of food-based charities that you can volunteer for. Many of these organisations deal with food and any regular volunteer is able to sign off on your practical assessment. Make sure that the person who is completing your practical assessment, observes you doing everything listed on the report on three separate occasions.